What does the Education Foundation do?
- Awards in excess of $100,000 in scholarships every year
- Provides food safety training cost reimbursements to retail members
- Hosts two Independent Retailer Seminars each year, geared specifically toward the needs and interests of the Independent Retailer
- Sponsors educational seminars at the GFIA annual convention
- Funds the state Best Bagger competition
- Supplies federal labor law posters to retailer members
- Hosts the annual “Swinging for Scholarships” Spring Golf Tournament for GFIA members
- Hosts a spectacular Silent Auction fundraiser at the GFIA convention
The Georgia Food Industry Association Education Foundation (GFIEF) is a charitable corporation provided for and funded by GFIA member companies to provide scholarships and educational services to the Association. Since its inception in 1995, the Foundation has awarded over 2.1 million dollars in scholarship funding! GFIEF also funds many educational and training programs for the food industry. As a branch of the Georgia Food Industry Association, the Foundation benefits all GFIA members – retailers, wholesalers and suppliers.